Monday, September 15, 2008

Crawfish Etoufee' for Cheaters



My mom sent me this recipe from the website allthingsouthern.com . No more than two days later I purchased a book from Barnes and Noble filled with southern recipes and advice. The first page I turned to just happened to be this exact recipe. I took it as a sign and made it. And me oh my! It's excellent! I added celery to the recipe by the suggestion of my mom. It may look scary, but if you like cajun food you will love this dish.

Ingredients
1 stick of butter
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 celery stalk
1 chopped onion
2 lbs of crawfish tail meat (found in UTAH @ Wal Mart. If I can find it here you can find it anywhere)
3 cans of cream of celery soup
1 can of rotel tomatoes
salt and pepper
Toney Chacheres' Seafood Seasoning

Directions
1. Saute' onion, bell pepper, and celery with butter.
2. Rinse crawfish tail meet thoroughly and drain.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in stock pot.
4. Season well and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
5. Serve over rice

No comments: