Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Delicious and Simple Tomato Soup

I got this recipe originally from my old boss, Liz. Her recipe called for a lot more proportions of whipping cream, water, and half and half and my largest pot wasn't quite big enough so I had to change the proportions and ingredients a little. This is a DELICIOUS and yummy soup. We can't get enough of it!

Ingredients
1 large tub (4 lb) of marinara sauce (I used the 4 lb 2 oz Traditional Ragu Sauce)
1 quart whipping cream
1 quart half and half
1 can tomato paste
1 small can of pumpkin (15 oz)
2 cups milk
1 cup water
6 chicken bouillon cubes
Couple of shakes of Paprika and Garlic Powder to taste

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients together in a large pot
2. Heat just below a simmer to let the soup thicken up until warm, stirring often
3. Serve with parsley or basil on top as a garnish (optional), I've also heard putting this in a bread bowl is delicious!

No comments: